Committed to Sustainability
AkzoNobel remains in the top three in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index which rates companies on a range of economic, environmental and social criteria.
- Waste from overspray is reclaimed and recycled or reprocessed
- The development of powder coatings that are manufactured using low temperature or ‘dry’ cured technologies which consume less energy
- Powders based on Particle Management Technology that offer reduced film build and therefore require less raw materials
- A decrease of hazardous waste by 75% in the last decade at our Melbourne manufacturing site.
- No Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) nor any toxic heavy metals such as lead or chromium (VI).